A palatial villa on the Lisbon Coast offering old world romance and modern day luxury with unrivalled ocean views, a heated pool, a gym and direct beach access.
This old-world romantic and palatial villa was built as a summer chalet in the 1800s and enjoys unrivalled ocean views over the bay of Cascais as well as private access to the beach below and the “Paredão” sea-front walkway that connects Estoril to Cascais.
Chalet Estoril has now been restored and upgraded to modern day luxury standards by international award-winning architect Manuel Aires Mateus, with bright, and spacious interiors spread over four levels totalling 1200sqm of living space. Sunlight pours in through panoramic windows lightening up wooden accents, which in addition to the almost all-white décor makes for graceful living spaces.
An elegant central staircase runs through the middle of the property and a service lift connects the ground, 1st and 2nd floors. The top floor is accessed by stairs only. There are two balconies that surround the villa on the two middle floors and to which most rooms on these levels open onto. All the supersized bedroom suites enjoy a private outdoor space, perfect for some chill time with a book to the soundtrack of the waves below!
This enchanting setting continues into the garden, where you can spend leisurely hours sunbathing by the heated pool after a gym workout or enjoying sundowners whilst taking in the stunning views. The villa management team is also happy to help you organize a private cocktail party or a gourmet dinner under the stars. Chef service is included in the rental (either lunch or dinner) as well as a gourmet breakfast every day.
Azarujinha beach located just below is accessed by a private staircase and gate – this alluring bay is particularly inviting for early morning swims. You can also walk along the scenic promenade for approx. 3,5 kms all the way to Cascais, with a range of beach bars to choose from along the way. You will also pass several charming beaches and an oceanic pool carved on the rocks at Praia do Tamariz, tempting you to have a dip along the way.
The Portuguese Riviera of Costa do Sol (Cascais and Estoril) was the playground for the many exiled heads of European royal houses during the inter-war years and is still considered one of the chicest addresses. Estoril hosts the largest Casino in Europe whilst the old fishing town of Cascais has grown from a simple fishing village into a cosmopolitan centre, with a wide choice of restaurants and cafes, museums and shops, as well as an international marina.
- Garden entrance and guest WC
- Gym with shower bathroom (rain shower) with outdoor seating area
- Dining room opening to fully equipped kitchen and access to the garden and outdoor sitting area
- Domestic offices and laundry
- Large and elegant living room opening onto garden with a feature bridge over the swimming pool to the dining area “under the stars”
- Main entrance into hallway with concierge office with welcome desk and guest WC
- Suite with double bed (200x200cms) and full bathroom (bath w/handheld shower plus separate rain shower), small private sitting room, sea views and balcony with access to the garden on the ground floor
- Large living room with TV and sea views, opening onto balcony and access to the garden on the ground floor
- Extra bathroom (Moroccan style bath w/handheld shower plus separate rain shower) and WC
- Suite with double bed (180×200 cms) and full bathroom (bath w/handheld shower plus separate rain shower), balcony with access to the garden on the ground floor
- Suite with double bed (180×200 cms) and full bathroom (bath w/handheld shower plus separate rain shower), sea views and balcony with access to the garden on the ground floor
- Suite with double bed (200×200 cms) and full bathroom (bath w/handheld shower plus separate rain shower), sea views and balcony with access to the garden on the ground floor
THIRD FLOOR (ATTIC)
- Suite with double bed (160×200 cms) and full bathroom (bath w/handheld shower plus separate rain shower) and small balcony
- Suite with double bed (160×200 cms) and shower bathroom (rain shower only) and small balcony
- Suite with double bed (180×200 cms)and full bathroom (bath w/handheld shower plus separate rain shower), small balcony and sea views
- Suite with double bed (160×200 cms) and shower bathroom (rain shower only), outdoor sitting area
- Egyptian-cotton bed linen & bathroom towels included in the rental and changed every 4 days
- All the suites have a safe; all the bathrooms feature double basins with dressing gowns, hairdryers and luxury toiletries provided
- A service lift runs between the ground and 2nd floors – the top floor is accessed by stairs only
- Air-conditioning/Central heating available throughout as required, included in the rental
- Satellite TV including a number of international channels
- WIFI internet is available throughout
- Sound system (blue tooth)
- The kitchen is fully equipped with a mixed gas/electric hob with 6 burners, extra electric ovens, toaster, kettle, coffee maker, juicer, blender, wine fridge, American fridge/freezer & dishwasher
- Barbeque available
- Plunge pool (size 6×2 metres & 1,60 metres deep) with roman stairs and heated; poolside shower, shade & sun loungers & other furniture available; pool towels provided
- Gym equipment includes spinning bike, treadmill & weights; shower bathroom (rain shower) with outdoor seating area
- Airport Transfers (from/to Lisbon’s airport) for rentals of 7 nights minimum
- Meet & Greet + villa management/concierge team to help make all group arrangements
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping service (guests pay for food items)
- Gourmet breakfast served everyday plus one other meal a day (either lunch or dinner) – menus must be approved at least 24 hours in advance; guests pay for food items
- Daily Housekeeping 9 am – 7 pm
- Personal laundry & unpacking service
- Resident butler & beach front service
- Jet-lag recovery massage (60 mins, 1 per person)
- Gardening and pool maintenance
- Other massages & spa appointment, paid locally
- Surf lessons, personal trainer, yoga instructor, paid locally
- Other meals on request, paid locally
- Babysitting, paid locally
- Extra airport transfers/private driver, paid locally
- Best Local Beaches: just walk down the steps from the villa and along the seafront promenade to choose one the charming bays between Estoril and Cascais, Guincho @ 12 kms, Praia da Adraga or Praia Grande @ 24 kms & Azenhas do Mar @ 28 kms
- Estoril Centre: 10 minutes walk
- Cascais Centre: 30 minutes walk
- Sintra Historic Centre: 18,5 kms
- Golf Courses: Estoril @ 3 kms, Oitavos Dunes @ 8 kms & Penha Longa @ 12 kms
- Lisbon Airport: 40 kms
- Minimum stay of 7 nights rental applies during High Season and 4 nights rental during Rest of the Year; discount incentives for extended stays of 4 weeks or longer on request
- Check-in between 12:00 & check-out before 15:00 hours
- No parties for more than full capacity, no pets & strictly no smoking indoors (penalty equal to security deposit)
- Extra services are subject to availability and should be booked well in advance especially in high season
- Non-refundable rental deposit of 30% required to reserve the property
- Rental balance due 6 weeks prior to start of rental
- Security deposit of €3,000 to be paid in advance of rental; in exceptional cases & when pre-arranged, the security deposit can be paid at the property – this amount minus any applicable charges is refundable at the end of the holiday
Please complete this form with your basic requirements. We aim to respond all enquiries within 24 hours; a bit longer if your request arrives over a weekend.
Alternatively, if you want to provide more detailed information regarding your requirements, please e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org