Recently renovated, this centuries-old winemaking Douro Quinta has the most spectacular suspended views over the river as well as offering a gym, padel tennis and a swimming pool.
Quinta da Boavista sits on a high plateau on the Douro and as the name implies, enjoys outstanding views! Flowing from Spain all the way down to Porto, the Douro River has carved monumental canyons between a serene and calm wilderness on either side of its banks. The age-old vineyards of Portugal’s best-known produce Port wine, enhance this majestic beauty.
Originally built in the XVII century, the Quinta is steeped in history and whilst the interiors reflect this, recent renovation works have added modern day comforts to the ancient building. Here the past and present come together in harmony to provide an unforgettable stay. The property is spacious and ideal for a family or corporate group stays with lots of space to be together, as well as offering plenty of secluded corners to sit quietly alone if one wishes.
The Quinta offers attractive outdoor living and dining areas especially suited for enjoying long summer days and nights, whilst indoors there are two separate sitting rooms, the main one with panoramic windows and a smaller sitting room with a card games table and a fireplace, perfect for when the temperatures are cooler. All six bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms; four enjoy river views whilst one has mountain views. Four of the bedrooms also have direct access to the exterior.
Beautiful gardens and terraces surround the main Quinta building and the swimming pool has a stunning setting, suspended over vineyards and the river. The old “lagares” (stone troughs in which grapes were trodden) are now set up as a gym and there is also a padel court and a snooker table for guests to enjoy. The wine cellar makes a rather special event setting for celebratory dinners or a corporate get together, and still features the traditional earthen floors once used to maintain the ideal temperature and humidity for wine storing.
Breakfast is included in your stay and it is also possible to request for other meals to be prepared for your family or group, as the mood takes you: either by a local cook or a private chef. Quinta da Boavista produces its own table wines, which you must, of course, taste during your stay.
As well as a concierge to make all your bookings, a number of other services are available on request, such as pre-arrival groceries or wine shopping & delivery, laundry service, airport transfers or car with driver, spa treatments etc.
One of oldest demarcated wine regions in the world and a Unesco World Heritage site since 2001, the Douro Valley is very peaceful most of the year round, apart from three bustling weeks at harvest time each autumn. Yet there is plenty to do for wine enthusiasts as well as the rest of your party: vineyard walks and picnics, winery visits and wine tastings, boat trips along the Douro River, a historic train ride, exploring the traditional gastronomy, grape treading at harvest time…
WARNING NOTES: This property is not suitable for people with mobility issues or young children due to steep steps, uneven terrace floors and unprotected drops from the garden onto terraced vineyards. Children under the age of 7 need to be supervised and are only accepted with a signed disclaimer!
- 1 Double bedroom suite (bed of 140×206 cms) with small sitting room and full bathroom, enjoying mountain views
- Patio with barbeque & wood oven
- Entrance hall & guest WC
- Fully equipped kitchen & domestic offices (larder & laundry) opening onto barbeque patio
- Indoor dining room opening onto central courtyard
- Covered terrace with fabulous views for outdoor meals
- Home office opening onto central courtyard
- 2 Twin bedroom suites (2 beds of 90×200 cms) each with en-suite shower bathroom, both enjoying vineyards and river views
- Small sitting/games room with fireplace
- Very large sitting room with panoramic windows
- 1 Twin bedroom suite (2 beds of 107×193 cms) with a shower bathroom, opening onto garden and enjoying vineyard and river views
- 2 Double bedroom suites (bed of 160×200 cms) each with a shower bathroom, opening onto garden and enjoying vineyard and river views
Extra Accommodation on Request
- Top level triple room for children & extra twin bedroom & shower bathroom
- Garden access basic single bedroom with full bathroom
Bed linen & bathroom towels included in the rental and changed mid-week as well as at the end-of-week for longer stays
One of the suites in the middle level can be converted into a king size double bedroom with bed size of 180×200 cms, on request
Hairdryers are provided
Baby cot (w/linen) & high chair (1 of each) on request, free of charge
Air-cooling & central heating available throughout the property, as well as fireplace logs, supplied for winter rentals
Free Wi-Fi (available in the office and main sitting room only)
There is no TV at this property, but a projector with HDMI entry & Wi-Fi access is available on request, subject to an extra security deposit
Cards table, backgammon & table games
Fully equipped kitchen (gas oven and cooker, induction plate, microwave, industrial size fridge freezer plus extra fridge, icemaker, kettle, coffee maker, toaster, juice maker, blender, 2 dishwashers)
Laundry room (washing machine/dryer)
Barbeque and wood oven (ideal for pizzas and roasted kid)
Swimming pool w/roman steps (6 x12 metres); pool house w/WC & kitchenette; poolside shade & sun loungers available; pool towels provided
Outdoor padel tennis
Wine cellar w/snooker table – this room is full of character and is ideal for hosting small events of up to 50 people
Parking for 10 cars
- Check-in assistance & welcome drinks
- Concierge service during stay
- Buffet style breakfast (guests will enjoy produce from the Quinta’s own vegetable garden and other locally sourced products)
- High-quality Portuguese brands provided (bed linen & bathroom products)
- Cleaning service 4 hours x 7 days p/week (includes serving breakfast, tidying up & bathrooms)
- Extra cleaning on request
- Pool & garden maintenance as required
- Pre-arrival grocery or wine shopping/deliveries, paid locally
- Local cook or chef, as well as organizing picnics, paid locally
- Personal laundry service, paid locally
Babysitting, paid locally
- Airport transfers or car with driver, paid in advance
- Spa treatments, paid locally
- Winery visits & tastings, paid locally
- Boat or historic train trips, paid locally
- Other experiences, paid locally
- Nearest amenities (supermarket, bank, chemist, restaurants, cafes, petrol station ) at Mesão Frio: 1 km
- Porto Airport: 85 kms
- Pinhão Harbour: 45 kms
2019 & 2020 RENTAL PRICES IN EUROS
1 July – 30 September (minimum 4 nights rental)
1 April – 30 June & 1 October – 31 October (minimum 3 nights rental)
1 November – 31 March (minimum 3 nights rental)
Extra guests on request – two more bedrooms can be made available at an extra nightly fee!
- Minimum 4-night rentals apply in July, August & September; 3 nights minimum accepted other periods
- Extra services on request, are subject to availability and should be booked well in advance especially in high season
- Check-in after 16:00 hours; check-out before 11:00 hours
- No pets & children under the age of 7 accepted only with a signed disclaimer
- 30% non-refundable rental deposit required to reserve the property
- Balance due 6 weeks prior to start date of rental
- Security deposit of €1,000 to be paid in advance of rental; in exceptional cases & when pre-arranged, the security deposit can be paid at the property – this amount minus any applicable charges is refundable at the end of the holiday